High up behind the mountains skirting the northern edge of the eastern Costa del Sol lies Alhama de Granada, built on the precipices of a rugged ravine the town was a stronghold of the Moors in Andalucia, taken by the Catholic Monarchs in 1482.
Walking through the old town a warbling whistling sound like birdsong could be heard echoing through the narrow alleyways and streets. An old woman with a black head scarf sits on a stool blowing a pipe filled with water, the source of the sound. At her feet more of the pipes are for sale along with some flowers from her garden. The song is the Song of the Flowers - 'Canto de Los Flores'.
OIl paintings on board.